Giving a special touch to our home décor and furniture can surely allow us express ourselves. Thus, why don’t you add that ‘touch’ to your home? Don’t know where to start? Don’t worry! Here we come with twisty table that you can make by yourselves. Take a look at the tutorial below to know how to make this easy wood craft project!
- Scrap wood
- Kreg Jig
- Nail gun
- Cut two pieces of board to the length you want your height of the table to be. These pieces of board will be the legs of the table. Then, take your scrap wood to make a jig. This will accommodate the angle of the board so you can cut the board in a straight line from bottom right to the top left corner.
- Next, place the board in the jig and screw it to the jig at the pocket hole to secure it at the place when it is run it through the saw. If you don’t have a Kreg Jig to make the pocket holes, you better get one. The machine is so handy that it becomes the most used tool in handcrafting.
- Next, tilt you saw blade to 45 degree angle. To make the blade cut right at the top corner of the board, line your board up as shown in the picture below.
- Then, using the jig, run the board through the saw. As you do this step, you will get a massive pile of wood scrap all around the room in which you are working. To protect your face and especially your eyes, you better use safety glasses.
- Once you are done with the cutting, you will have two triangle-shaped boards. Set aside a good board that will be attached to the jig. Then, run those boards again to the saw through the same way.
- After the second cutting, you will have four triangles. To check whether you do the step correctly, see the following picture.
- Next, take two triangles and attach them like shown in the picture below. To secure their position, apply some glue to the one of the triangle’s edges. To make sure they are perfectly fit, you can also nail them with nail gun. Once you are done, repeat the same process to the other two triangles. Now, you will have two legs.
- Next, place the board to a miter. Take a look at the picture below to see how to place it to the miter. Do this process to both the both ends of both legs.
- Once the angles are cut, fit other things together to make the bottom and the top pieces and nail them with the nail gun.
- Once you are done with the bottom part, flip it over to make where you need to cut for the top piece. Then, cut it and nail it with the same way.
- Sand off any scratches and rough spots as needed.
- Your twisty table is done!