If you are too boring with your dining room, you may need an addition to it. If you don’t have any idea on what to add, you can try making this DIY turned leg buffet table. Not only will this table be a new decoration to your dining room, it will also provide you with lots of storage space. Check the following tutorial before starting your project.
- 4’ x 8’ x 3/4 “ Plywood
- Project panel (2) (at least 1/8 – ¼” wide and 60-1/2” long)
- Pine or whitewood board (with the size of 1x6x6’ (4 pieces), 1 x 2 x 6’ (5 pieces), 1 x 4 x 8’ (3 pieces), and 1 x 4 x 10’ (1 piece).
- Turned legs (4 pieces)
- 1-1/4” pocket hole screws
- Wood glue
- Brad nails
- Drawer pulls
- Finish (of your choice)
- Start the project by applying some glue to the two legs. Use Gorilla wood glue for the best result.
- While the glues is getting dry, attach the back panel to the back side of the legs. To secure it, apply some Purebond Plywood.
- Next, cut notches in the shelves using your Ryobi 18V Jig saw.
- Once the notches cutting is done, attach the 1 x 2 “ trim to them. Secure the attachment using wood glue and Airstrike Nailer.
- Then, attach the legs to the top shelf and also to the bottom of it.
- Drill and make some pocket holes on the back of the shelves using your Kreg R3. The R3 version is the best choice to do this job. This machine can be used to cut large pieces like in this project. So, it’s recommended to have one.
- Next, make the frame for the table drawers.
- Then, attached the tops of the legs. To see how it is supposed to be done, check the following picture.
- Make sure you already make four drawer slides. Assemble them like shown in the picture.
- Secure the drawer assembly with wood glue and pocket holes. This should be the easiest way to construct drawers.
- Once you are done with the assembly, you must have the following result:
- Next, measure the width of the drawer slide before building the drawer. Use your Kreg right angle clamp to help you hold pieces when attaching the stuff.
- Attach the face to the drawers using Airstrike Nailer and wood glue. Make sure you measure and cut to fit before attaching them.
- Sand them down so the drawers can slide easily using Ryobi Corner Cat with 50-grit.
- Attach the top planks.
- Give your table two coats of Sherwin Williams Anonymous. Let it dry.