Do you find that picture frame is boring? Yet, you still want to hang some photographs and artworks you make. Don’t worry! Why don’t you create some pallet plaques to hang them? The plaques will complement the artworks and photograph with their rustic look!
- 1 piece of 1/2″ x 3″ x 36″ craft boards
- 1 piece of 1/2″ x 2″ x 36″ craft board
- Note that you only need about 16″ of the board for every plaque you make
- Wood Glue
- Sandpaper or sander
- Chalk stain or paint
- It’s up to you!
- Small 1/2″ – 3/4″ long screws
- Bulldog Clips
- Yarn, ribbon, twine, or jute rope
- It is used to make the pallet hanger.
- Tack or staple gun
- It is used to hold the pallet hanger at the back of the pallet
- First of all, measure and cut the 3″ board into three 12″ sections using your saw. You can also simply use a hand saw.
- Next, cut the 2″ board into two 8″ sections.
- To create the worn look, sand the edges and corners of all the pieces using your hand sander or sandpaper.
- If you want the paint to look thin, for example making it look like a stain on the wood grain, just follow this tip! First, water the grey chalk paint down with equal parts water. Then, you may paint it on each board. Voila! You get the rustic look!
- After the chalk paint has dried completely, apply some wood glue on the back of each 2″ board. Then, glue these boards to the three 3″ boards on the top and bottom parts.
- Let the glue until it has completely dried before creating a jute hanger for the pallet.
- Cut a piece of jute and staple each end to the back of the plaque. You can also use twine, ribbon, or yarn as the substitute. If you don’t have a staple gun, you can use a thumb or small nail to secure the jute ends to the plaque as well.
- After that, attach a bulldog clip on the front of the plaque. Simply attach the bulldog clip a short screw so that it would not pop through.
- Hang your photographs and artworks! Tada!
See? Building a new décor like this plaque is extremely easy and simple. You can make your room look unique by adorning some of them on the wall. Say goodbye to your boring and conventional picture frame. Instead, hang your photographs and artworks with this rustic looking pallet plaque.