Do you ever see a stylish barn door nightstand and want to purchase one? Well, the furnishing can indeed make your room more beautiful. However, they can be quite pricey. What about making it yourself. In fact, you will spend only $20 to make one! Come on, prepare your tools!
- One ¾” 4’x8’ plywood
- One ¼” 4’x4’ plywood
- One 1x4x10
- One 1x4x8
- One 1x2x8
- Eight feet of ¾”x½” trim
- Barn door hardware
- 1 ¼” Brad nails
- 1 ¼” pocket hole screws
- 3/8” staples
- Rip the hardwood plywood. Use a miter saw to make the cross cuts on each sheet. Drill pocket hole screws.
- Build the frame. Attach the bottom piece to the side pieces.
- Attach the shelf piece by putting a screw piece of plywood under the front side of the shelf. It will give you the gap for the trim piece and for the backing.
- Attach the front trim piece on the shelf. Apply wood glue to the back of the trim. Then, attach it to the front of the shelf.
- Turn the nightstand and attach the top support to the back of the nightstand. Leave a gap on the back.
- Measure and cut the face from pieces. Drill pocket holes on the ends and top of the top board and the ends of the bottom Attach them to the side pieces.
- Attach the face frame to the nightstand.
- For the base trim, measure and cut the side pieces to fit and attach them.
- Measure and cut the front piece and attach it.
- Flip the nightstand upside down and place in on top of the top piece. Attach the nightstand to the top piece.
- Flip the nightstand back over. Then, trim the top
- Measure and cut the side pieces then, attach them.
- Follow up with the front piece.
- Attach the backing to the back of the nightstand
- For the door, cut the planks and drilled pocket hole screws in three of the boards. Then, attach them together.
- For the finish, stain all the nightstand surfaces.
- Once the stain dried, attach the barn door hardware. Voila!
What do you think of the sliding barn door nightstand? Isn’t it beautiful? If we can make one, you can do it too! Your room will look unique with the nightstand you build yourself. Furthermore, you can adjust the nightstands’ dimension and color to suit your taste and need. Do you dare to build one?